Monday, April 30, 2012

Chicago - my kind of town

Last week was the International Window Coverings Expo and the National Kitchen and Bath Show (KBIS) in Chicago. My four days were filled with education (lots and lots of seminars) and beating the pavement (well, the concrete of the trade floors.) I did a little pavement beating as well as I hiked up Michigan Avenue to see all the glamorous stores and galleries.

Tulips were the color scene in the windy city. There were flower boxes overflowing. I loved the color combinations. Hot pink and orange tulips planted together were so in vogue.

At the Intercontinental, we ate at Michael Jordan's restaurant. I thought it was all hype until I actually saw Michael and his family having dinner there too. The building is an old Masonic Lodge and the interior details are to die for.

Another evening, we dined at Carnivale at Fulton Market. What a treat for the senses. The interior decor is fun and fanciful. The food was equally as scrumptious. I enjoyed the salmon.

We stayed at the Congress Plaza Hotel and our room overlooked the water. I could see Navy Pier from my bed.

Here are some photos from my adventure. More from the trade floor to come...

Candice

in person

stunning tulip displays

lobby of the Congress Plaza

the Intercontinental

Navy Pier

sunrise from my hotel

Carnivale restaurant

the amazing decor at Carnivale
salmon with asparagus
waiting for the seminar
the fabulous Tobi Fairley


our group of designers


No comments:

Post a Comment